Privacy Notice - Guest WiFi
This document describes how Polestar processes your personal data when you connect to our guest WiFi.
2. Who we are
Polestar Performance AB, a Swedish legal entity with company registration number 556653-3096 with address Assar Gabrielssons Väg 9, SE-405 31 Gothenburg, Sweden, hereinafter referred to as “Polestar”, “we” and “our”, will as controller process your personal data as described below.
3. What personal data we collect and why
We process your personal data when you connect to our wireless WiFi service (the “Service”), such as MAC-address (Media Access Control Address), device type, operating system, browser type, geolocation information and network traffic information (e.g., hostnames, protocols, port numbers and IP-address). We also collect basic information about actions, content, features, and activities that you access and engage with through the Service. The purpose of our processing is to administer, operate and maintain the Service. The legal basis for our processing is your consent.
4. How long we keep your data
We will retain your personal data up to six (6) months from the date you disconnect from or stop using the Service.
5. Who we share your personal data with
We will share your personal data with the following categories of recipients, on a need-to-know basis:
• Processor (Service provider): Polestar share your personal with our processor, Merkai LLC (United States), that assist us in the process of giving you access to the Service. The processing is limited by contract in their ability to use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide services for us in compliance with the data processing agreement in place.
• Authorities: We may share your personal data to third parties, such as legal advisors, law enforcement agencies, or governmental/regulatory bodies in order to protect our legal interests and other rights, protect against fraud or other illegal activities, for risk management purposes, and to comply with our legal obligations. To the extent GDPR applies to the processing, the legal basis for this sharing your personal data is our legitimate interest in the efficient operation of our business.
• Business partners: In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, we may share personal data. The legal basis for this sharing is our legitimate interest in the efficient operation of our business.
6. Transfer of your personal data
In relation to our affiliates, business partners and data processors located outside of the EEA, where the destination country is not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission, we will transfer your personal data with the basis of the Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission, available here. More information about which recipients we share personal data with can be found in section 5.
7. Your rights
To the extent GDPR applies, you have specific legal rights relating to the personal data we process about you. You can withdraw your consent or object to our processing of your data, access the data we hold about you, ask for rectification or restriction of your data, request to have your data ported to another entity, request that we delete your data, and finally you can file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
If you are a California resident, you have rights in connection to our collection and processing of your personal data (information) under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please see here.
8. Contact information
In order to exercise your rights under GDPR, please use this web form. In order to exercise your rights under CCPA, please use this web form. If you have any other questions regarding the subject matter of personal data protection, you can contact us or our Data Protection Officer on the contact details stated on polestar.com/privacy-policy.
9. Changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify our privacy practices and update and make changes to this privacy notice at any time. For this reason, we encourage you to refer to this privacy notice on an ongoing basis. This privacy notice is current as of the date which appears at the top of the document. We will treat your personal data in a manner consistent with the privacy notice under which they were collected, unless we have your consent to treat them differently. If the changes allow us to use personal data in ways that materially affect your rights, we will post a special note on our digital platforms and, if required by law, will prompt you for your consent for certain changes.