Privacy notice - Check-inController
Polestar Performance AB, a Swedish legal entity with company registration number 556653-3096 having its registered office at Assar Gabrielssons Väg 9 405 31 Gothenburg, Sweden, hereinafter referred to as "Polestar," "we," and "our," is the controller who will process your personal data as described below.
Purpose and legal basis for processing
When you check-in to a Polestar location, we will use the data you provide and any relevant data we have about you for the following purposes:
- Allow us to access your customer details (your basic data, your Polestar ID account, any products or services you have ordered (including details) and their status, any test drives or service bookings you have signed up for, your interaction history with us, your purchase intent, what contact methods you want to use and what marketing or information you have asked for (including newsletters). If a Polestar representative has asked you to use the check-in feature, that Polestar representative will be able to access and modify your details.
- Allow a Polestar representative to read or modify information about a customer support case you request us to support you with. If a case does not exist, the Polestar representative may create one in order to help you with your request.
- Allow us to book a test drive for you, if you request one.
- Allow us to sign you up for newsletters or other marketing or information resources, if you request it.
- Allow us to save a vehicle configuration you have made on a Polestar representative's device if you wish to resume your configuration at a later stage with us.
You may use the check-in feature in our app ("app check-in") by requesting our representative to check in on your behalf or by scanning a check-in QR code ("web check-in"). If you use app check-in, your Polestar ID credentials will be used to identify you when you check in. If you ask a representative to check in on your behalf, you will be asked to provide your e-mail address to which we will send a check-in confirmation. If you use web check-in, you will be asked to provide your phone number or e-mail address, and you will need to confirm your check-in by clicking a confirmation link sent to your provided phone number or e-mail address.
The legal basis for our processing of your personal data is your consent, which you give us when you ask our Polestar representative to check in, or when you use the check-in feature. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may withdraw your consent by contacting us using the contact information below, by checking out in the app, or by speaking to the Polestar representative.
Disclosure and recipients of your personal data
When you check in, we will disclose your personal data to the Polestar Space you use the check-in feature with, for the above purposes. We will also disclose your personal data to our affiliates and business partners, including data processors. In relation to our business partners located outside of EEA, we will transfer your personal data on the basis of the Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission, available here .
Your data will be available to our representatives for four hours.
We will retain the data provided using the check-in feature for as long as you have a Polestar ID or, if you do not have a Polestar ID, for up to three (3) years.
Your rights and Polestar contact information
For more information on your rights in relation to our processing of your personal data, and contact details for further information and complaints, as well as contact details to our Data Protection Officer, please see Legal contacts .