Privacy notice - the 2022 Goodwood Festival of Speed giveaway
This Privacy Notice is provided by Polestar Automotive UK Ltd ("we", "us", or "our"), of Li Close Ansty Park, Ansty, Coventry, England, CV7 9RF in our capacity as promoter of the "The 2022 Goodwood Festival of Speed giveaway" prize draw (the "Prize Draw").
We are a 'controller' for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively the "Data Protection Laws"), which means that we are responsible for how we use your personal data.
Please bring this Privacy Notice to your guest's attention.
Here are the details of how we use your (and, where applicable, your guest's) personal data for the Prize Draw:
- We collect and process your name, email address and postcode in order to register your entry in the Prize Draw.
- If you are a winner, we will:
- contact you by email and/or phone in order to notify you of this, ask you to confirm acceptance of your prize, confirm your compliance with the Prize Draw Terms and arrange delivery of the prize, in line with the Prize Draw Terms;
- we will collect your (and, where applicable, your guest's) name, delivery address and telephone number in order to arrange the prize; and
- ask you about the location of your home address (city or county) because we are obliged to make the winners' name(s) and location(s) (city or county) available to people requesting that information in accordance with the Prize Draw Terms and to comply with the requirements under the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing (the "CAP Code"). As provided in the CAP Code, you can object to us publishing or making available your name or reduce the amount of information published or made available. In order to contact us on this, please contact us by completing the contact form available at https://www.polestar.com/uk/polestar-support/. Please note that this does not affect our obligation to provide the relevant information and the winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority, the UK's regulator of advertising, if required to do so.
- We are permitted to process your (and, where applicable, your guest's) personal data on the basis that it is necessary for our performance of the contract you have agreed to enter with us (i.e. the Prize Draw Terms). If you do not provide this information to us (as set out above) then we will not be able to register your entry into the Prize Draw and, if you a winner, we will not be able to confirm and provide your prize.
- If you are a winner, then we may ask you to sign a promotional release so that we may use your name, county and photograph in future marketing materials, publications, promotions and/or prize draws, including on our social media pages, websites, press releases and advertising. We are permitted to process your personal data for this purpose on the basis that it is for legitimate interests.
- We will continue to hold your (and, where applicable, your guest's) personal data for a period of 12 months after fulfilment of the prize. After this date, your (and, where applicable, your guest's) personal data will be deleted.
- We use external providers that process your (and, where applicable, your guest's) personal data for this Prize Draw as part of the services (such as hosting, security, promotional administration and/or prize fulfilment) which they offer to us. We take steps to ensure that our service providers process your (and, where applicable, your guest's) data in accordance with the Data Protection Laws, only use it in accordance with our contract with them and keep it secure. If you would like more information about our processors, please contact us by completing the web form on https://legal.polestar.com/uk/privacy/1bb82fce7ca73343c0a801513977293e.
- We do not transfer your (and, where applicable, your guest's) personal data outside the UK and the European Economic Area.
- We strive to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to protect your (and, where applicable, your guest's) personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access and any other unlawful forms of processing. We aim to ensure that the level of security and the measures adopted to protect your personal data are appropriate for the risks presented by the nature and use of your personal data. We follow recognised industry practices for protecting our IT environment and physical facilities.