Privacy Notice- Prize draw and competition
This document describes how Polestar processes your personal data when you participate in a prize draw or competition by Polestar.
2. Who we are
Polestar Automotive Switzerland GmbH, a swiss legal entity with company registration number CHE-456.533.440 with address Oetenbachgasse 1a, 8001 Zurich, Switzerland, hereinafter referred to as “Polestar”, “we” and “our”, will as controller process your personal data as described below.
3. What personal data we collect and why
We process the personal data that you provide when you participate in a prize draw or competition such as name, address, e-mail address, phone number, postal code. The purpose of our processing is to administer the prize draw or competition and notifying you about the prize and/or the final winner in accordance with the terms and conditions you have agreed.
The legal basis for our processing is that this processing is necessary for the performance of the contract with you.
4. How long we keep your data
We will retain your personal data up to six (6) months after the end of the prize draw or competition.
5. Who we share your personal data with
We will share your personal data with the following categories of recipients, on a need-to-know basis:
• Processors (Service providers and other parties): Polestar share your personal data with processors that assist us in the process. These service providers include our cloud software and data hosting providers. The processing is limited by contract in their ability to use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide services for us in compliance with the data processing agreement in place:
• SalesForce UK Limited (United Kingdom)
• Marketing Cloud (United States)
• Callpoint (Switzerland)
The legal basis for this sharing is our legitimate interest in the efficient management of our processing.
• Authorities: We may share your personal data to third parties, such as legal advisors, law enforcement agencies, or governmental/regulatory bodies in order to protect our legal interests and other rights, protect against fraud or other illegal activities, for risk management purposes, and to comply with our legal obligations. The legal basis for this sharing is compliance with legal obligations and our legitimate interest in compliance with laws applicable to Polestar.
• Business partners: In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, we may share personal data. The legal basis for this sharing is our legitimate interest in the efficient operation of our business.
6. Transfer of your personal data
Transfers of your personal data to our affiliates, data processors and business partners located outside of EEA, where the destination country is not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission, is based upon Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission, available here. More information about which recipients we share personal data with can be found in section 5.
7. Your rights
You have specific legal rights granted by the General Data Protection Regulation relating to the personal data we process about you. You can access the data we hold about you, ask for rectification or restriction of your data, request to have your data ported to another entity, request that we delete your data, and finally you can file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
8. Contact information
In order to exercise your rights, please use this web form. If you have any other questions regarding the subject matter of personal data protection, you can contact us or our Data Protection Officer on the contact details stated on polestar.com/privacy-policy.
9. Changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify our privacy practices and update and make changes to this privacy notice at any time. For this reason, we encourage you to refer to this privacy notice on an ongoing basis. This privacy notice is current as of the date which appears at the top of the document. We will treat your personal data in a manner consistent with the privacy notice under which they were collected, unless we have your consent to treat them differently.