Privacy notice – Contact us
This document describes how Polestar processes your personal data when you contact Polestar.
2. Who we are
Polestar Performance AB, a Swedish legal entity with company registration number 556653-3096 with address Assar Gabrielssons Väg 9 405 31 Göteborg, Sweden, and Polestar Automotive Ireland Limited, an Irish legal entity with company registration number 703485 with address Volvo Ireland Limited, 5 Riverwalk, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24, Ireland, hereinafter referred to as “Polestar”, “we” and “our”, are joint controllers who will process your personal data as described below. Polestar Performance AB is the provider of the technical solution(s) for these processings, and Polestar Automotive Ireland Limited is the provider of services in the country you have chosen to interact with us in.
3. What personal data we collect and why
We process the personal data that you provide and that we otherwise collect, such as name, contact details, IP number and Polestar ID, when you contact us via phone, e-mail, chat, on our webpages (e.g. enquiry about our products, offers and services) or when you visit Polestar Spaces. The purpose of our processing of your personal data is to deliver the services and information you have requested. When you choose to chat as a guest we process your IP number, for the purpose of initiating and keeping the chat session open to support you with your request. When you choose to chat logged in with your Polestar ID, we process your Polestar ID for the purpose of accessing the history related to your requests and storing your chat for further contact about your requests. The legal basis for our processing data is our legitimate interest.
We may process your personal data to follow up previous contacts and send out customer surveys. The purpose of this processing is to inquire about your interest for our products, offers and services, and to improve our services based on your feedback. The legal basis for our processing of personal data related to follow up on previous contacts your is your consent. The legal basis for our processing of personal data related to customer surveys for existing customers (customers who have bought our product(s) and/or service(s)) is our legitimate interest and for other customers (e.g. customers who have signed up for a test-drive or marketing communication) is your consent.
When you contact us by phone we may record the call. The purposes of our processing is for quality and training purposes to create a better customer experience. The legal basis for our processing is your consent.
We may also process your personal data in an aggregated form for the purpose of improving our products, offers or services, and for statistical reasons. The legal basis for our processing is our legitimate interest.
4. How long we keep your data
We will retain your personal data used for services and information you have requested up to thirty (30) days after termination of your Polestar ID or in any event up to three (3) years from the date of the provision of the services. For chats we will retain your personal data up to thirty (30) days after termination of your Polestar ID (when logged in with your Polestar ID) or up to three (3) months (when logged as guest) but in any event up to three (3) years aggregated.
In relation to the processing of your personal data to follow up previous contacts and sendig out customer survey we will retain your personal data up to six (6) months from the date of the most recent contact.
We will retain call recordings up to one (1) month from the date of the recording.
5. Who we share your personal data with
We will share your personal data with the following categories of recipients, on a need-to-know basis:
- Within the Polestar group: We share your personal data with our Polestar Sales unit in the country where the data originates from for customer care purposes. The legal basis for this sharing is our legitimate interest in carrying out our business and the processing efficiently.
- Processors (Service providers and other parties): Polestar shares your personal data with processors that deliver services to our business. These service providers include our cloud software and data hosting providers. Processors are limited by contract in their ability to use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide services for us in compliance with the data processing agreement in place:
- SalesForce UK Limited (United Kingdom) data hosting and customer relation management platform
- SalesForce Marketing Cloud (United States) e-mail marketing platform
- Amazon Web Services Ireland Limited (European Union) login and order management platforms
- Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories AB (Frankfurt) contact center software
- Authorities: We may share your personal data to third parties, such as legal advisors, law enforcement agencies, or governmental/regulatory bodies in order to protect our legal interests and other rights, protect against fraud or other illegal activities, for risk management purposes, and to comply with our legal obligations. The legal basis for this sharing is compliance with legal obligations and our legitimate interest in compliance with laws applicable to Polestar.
- Business partners: In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, we may share personal data. The legal basis for this sharing is our legitimate interest in the efficient operation of our business.
6. Transfer of your personal data
In relation to our affiliates, business partners and data processors located outside of the EEA, where the destination country is not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission, we will transfer your personal data with the basis of the Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission, available here. More information about which recipients we share personal data with can be found in section 5.
7. Your rights
You have specific legal rights granted by the General Data Protection Regulation relating to the personal data we process about you. You can withdraw your consent, access the data we hold about you, ask for rectification or restriction of your data, request to have your data ported to another entity, request that we delete your data, and finally you can file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
8. Contact information
In order to exercise your rights, please use this web form. If you have any other questions regarding the subject matter of personal data protection, you can contact us or our Data Protection Officer on the contact details stated on polestar.com/privacy-policy.
9. Changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify our privacy practices and update and make changes to this privacy notice at any time. For this reason, we encourage you to refer to this privacy notice on an ongoing basis. This privacy notice is current as of the date which appears at the top of the document. We will treat your personal data in a manner consistent with the privacy notice under which they were collected, unless we have your consent to treat them differently.