Privacy notice - Change of ownership
This document describes how Polestar processes your personal data when you request a change of ownership of a Polestar car.
2. Who we are
Polestar Performance AB, a Swedish legal entity with company registration number 556653-3096 with address Assar Gabrielssons Väg 9, SE-405 31 Gothenburg, Sweden, hereinafter referred to as “Polestar”, “we” and “our”, will as controller process your personal data as described below.
3. What personal data we collect and why
We process your personal data, such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, Polestar ID, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), vehicle registration certificate and contract, when you, as a registered owner or new owner, request a change of ownership of a Polestar car (the “Request”). If the registered owner sends in the Request, we may collect the new owner’s e-mail address from the registered owner, to send out information about the Request. The purpose of our processing is to administer the Request.
The legal basis for our processing of your personal data in order to administer the Request is that this processing is necessary for the performance of the contract with you.
5. How long we keep your data
We will retain your personal data used for the Request up to 5 years from the Request has been approved or declined.
6. Who we share your personal data with
We will share your personal data with the following categories of recipients, on a need-to-know basis:
- Within the Polestar group: We share your personal data with our Polestar Sales unit in the country where the data originates from, for customer care purposes. The legal basis for this sharing is our legitimate interest in carrying out our business and the processing efficiently.
- Processors (Service providers and other parties): Polestar share your personal data with processors that assist us in the process. These service providers include our cloud software and data hosting providers. The processing is limited by contract in their ability to use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide services for us in compliance with the data processing agreement in place:
- SalesForce UK Limited (United Kingdom) data hosting and customer relation management platform
- SalesForce Marketing Cloud (United States) e-mail marketing platform
- Amazon Web Services Ireland Limited (European Union) login and order management platforms
- Authorities: We may share your personal data to third parties, such as legal advisors, law enforcement agencies, or governmental/regulatory bodies in order to protect our legal interests and other rights, protect against fraud or other illegal activities, for risk management purposes, and to comply with our legal obligations. The legal basis for this sharing is compliance with legal obligations and our legitimate interest in compliance with laws applicable to Polestar.
- Business partners: In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, we may share personal data. The legal basis for this sharing is our legitimate interest in the efficient operation of our business.
6. Transfer of your personal data
In relation to our affiliates, business partners and data processors located outside of the EEA, where the destination country is not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission, we will transfer your personal data with the basis of the Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission, available here. More information about which recipients we share personal data with can be found in section 5.
7. Your rights
You have specific legal rights granted by the General Data Protection Regulation relating to the personal data we process about you. You can access the data we hold about you, ask for rectification or restriction of your data, request to have your data ported to another entity, request that we delete your data, and finally you can file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
8. Contact information
In order to exercise your rights, please use this web form. If you have any other questions regarding the subject matter of personal data protection, you can contact us or our Data Protection Officer on the contact details stated on polestar.com/privacy-policy.
9. Changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify our privacy practices and update and make changes to this privacy notice at any time. For this reason, we encourage you to refer to this privacy notice on an ongoing basis. This privacy notice is current as of the date which appears at the top of the document. We will treat your personal data in a manner consistent with the privacy notice under which they were collected, unless we have your consent to treat them differently.